Sunday, December 26, 2004

x...

It’s been three consecutive weeks of three consecutive Christmas parties all of which included liver-spanking amounts of drinking and gluttonous eating. Also, lately I’ve embarked on what seemed like an endless and treacherous journey to find presents for various peers because someone had decided play this cute little game called Kris Kringle, sometimes interchangeable with another game called Secret Santa. Often these two games are debated because of a technical yet minor difference.

Anyways, most Santa’s kept their promises and everyone was happy.

So on Friday, Christmas eve, I get to work early to plough through my work as quick as I can, 4pm swings around and I find myself aimlessly walking around town in the rain without my phone. Suddenly I spot a public phone and called the only number I knew by heart. Mey.

“hey, where are you?”
“Lowenbrau”
“I’m there..”

I thought that my christmas period would have had ended anti-climatically, but a friend's birthday on xmas night complete with secret santa presents and 5kgs of cooked prawns eliminated the melancholy that had shrouded me on friday night.

The only downer was when my orc horde got irradicated by the good-doers in lord of the rings Risk.


The horde will return.


3 comments:

Beckster said...

Merry Christmas and a brilliant new years yui. Hope you enjoyed pigging out and that kick in the chest didn't hurt too much (be thankful I was wearing thongs). If it was warmer though I would've pulled you into the kiddie wading pool with me!!

Stay cool dude =).

millimilli said...

I think your new years' resolution should be:
"Learn to say "no" to evil vodka jelly shots."

yui said...

they were deceivingly evil.

i don't think it was vodka at all, must've been that metho stuff. must've been.