Tuesday, September 14, 2004

notepad > word

i use notepad to write my entries, i don't like using word for blogging cos i hate:

1. how it automatically americanizes my zpelling
2. those red squiggly lines under mispelt words
3. capitalises all my i's
4. makes everything look all pretty

you can turn all that off, except for number four, but i can't be stuffed.

notepad is liberating, it gives me a sense of freedom to write however i want to write without having it tell me that i'm wrong, sure, it gives me an option to ignore my mistakes but the fact that the rules are there in the first place feels like there's pressure to conform.

also, i don't need columns nor zoom nor tables nor hmmmm...

font colour? maybe.

and don't get me started on wordpad.

no, i'm not over-analysing this

maybe just a little..

i must digress, i usually have good work ethics but sitting here squeezing out a blog entry while there's a tonne of work feels rather illicit (so is profusely using your snooze button according to a select few).

performance review? KPIs?

i've just had mine and it's been positive, now pay me my big fat bonus and don't disturb me.

so to all my blogging friends, keep blogging..

at work..

and in notepad.

ps. Cute Little Asian Girl - i still hate you.

10 comments:

Beckster said...

All our work productivity KPIs must have plummeted to the depths of hell recently with the flurry of blogging/commenting activity. But looking on the bright side I'm sure it's also freeing up the creative juices in our brains and improving the level of understanding of our work and quality levels....yeah whatever.

Keep up the illicit work Yui (JAMES!). Use company pens, notepads, post-its, highlighters, pencils, rubbers while you're at it to boost the fun factor.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you say. I use Notepad too.

Chip

Riss said...

I'm glad I work in a place where Blogging (and web surfing during work hours) is encouraged as it shows our clients that we really love the space we work in *smirk* My Nokia & IBM clients have even complimented me on my blog and our MD even used my blog in a pitch for some youth focused Coke campaigns. Haha.

petals said...

i know my manager knows that i blog...he hasnt given me a warning yet...hahahahaa...

and i usually blog at work...but i blog straight on Blogger itself...but in html view...which i guess is the Wordpad equivalent! =T

Anonymous said...

You sound really bored with life, yui.

I think you need a cute little asian girl so you have something to write other than comparisons between Microsoft software packages.


Cute Little Asian Girl

Alvina said...

my turn. hello ! :)

yui said...

hi alvina, hope your leather jacket isn't ruined from that time at pier26, you had a vigorous handshake.

JookBoy said...

Who is this Cute Little Asian Girl?

I remember a girl that played at our internet cafe once...I walked past her screen, and her nickname was "kYooTEEaZnBaBeeE"

Is this Cute Little Asian Girl blog poster the mature version of that chick playing Counter-Strike at Chatswood??

so..?!! said...

my head was spinning after reading about KPIs blah blah blah.. my half yearly appraisal is next week and I'm shatting my pants at the thought of our IT dept handing over a list of the number of websites I visit in a day, as well as the multiple email conversations I seem to find myself involved in on a frequent basis.

eek.

I'm too young to live off welfare!!

yui said...

sov, if you make yourself indispensable to the business they could easily turn a blind eye to those websites.

that or suck up to your manager. haaa!

jookboy, dunno who cute little asian girl is, in fact, she probably isn't even cute nor asian.