Tuesday, September 07, 2004

shudder

i attended a wedding last saturday night.

and, i sat on a couples table, with two exceptions, myself and this divorced single mother of 2. her kids were naturally on the 'kids' table, but they'd come over once in awhile complaining that some other kid stole a kernal of corn from his fried rice or pulled a face on him, unprovoked of course.

later in the evening i'd walk over to say hello to some people i knew and upon my return to my table i'd hear the divorced-single-mother-of-two ask me

"how come you never asked me to dance?"

to which i replied "oh i umm took a short cut through the dance floor to say hello to my friends umm hee hee"

although i was thinking along the lines of "back the hell up! i wasn't dancing, i went to say hello to some friends which i unfortunately wasn't seated with, oh and NO i don't want to dance with you"

but i'm a nice guy, nice guys don't say these things.

then she made me drink cognac with a cheap rip off of coke (it might've been AC Cola)

then she made me dance with her.

then her kids joined us.

*shudder*

she was a polite lady, i feel slack.

sorry guys, i really wanted to come to mocha, i swears!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha

You're such a playa Yui :D

Chip

Anonymous said...

if she were a cute little asian single mother of 2, you woulda gladly danced with her. ;)

Cute Little Asian Girl

yui said...

hmmm maybe.

Meyo said...

Wish you could have sat on our table... people were taking shots of bloody henessy until it was empty!

Was the single mum cute?

Alvina said...

hello you. consider yourself linked :)

so..?!! said...

yui from da wesside!
a single mother wanting a dance with u? u da man!

yui said...

amedee: linked right back :)

sov: far from 'da man' in fact, i felt like a kid being bribed with alcohol if i quietly complied and danced


...and it worked.

Anonymous said...

Hi yui. I'm trying to put together a list of sites which help people to contact single mums; just like this one 'single mum'. I thought you might be able to help. Do you know of any other single mum related sites? If so, perhaps you could respond to this post and let me know. Many thanks